Tuesday, June 5, 2012

it's been a while.....

Well.... it certainly has been a while since I've sat down to blog.  There has been A LOT going on! No time to write (or read....two of my favorite activities!) Between working full time, planning a wedding, and being a busy mom of six, there's just not enough time in the day. However; I have the summer off, thanks to choosing a profession where summers off is one of the perks, and an amazing husband who is working hard, so I can relax and enjoy my kids... All. Summer. Long.


Of course, the kids will spend some time with their dad, but while I've got them, they have swimming lessons and basketball camp, and we plan to swim, play, and enjoy our time off. Christian is studying in London this summer....well, I don't know how much "studying" there will be, but they do call it, "studying abroad" so that's what I'm going with. Nick is sort of a traveler right now. He goes between here, Indiana, and Kentucky. One never knows where he might pop up. He and Taylor just spent the weekend with us, and I thoroughly enjoyed their company. Maddie is home with me right now, and I can't wait to do girly things, because when she's gone, I'm alone with a big bunch of boys!

While I really enjoy my "me" time writing, and drinking coffee in the morning, I really have no idea what direction to take this blog. I got so much feedback last summer when I was pouring out my heart about my ex, and all of his shenanigans, and how horrible that  felt. But to tell you the truth, I have nothing left to say about that. I was in a different place last year, and I needed to write to heal. It worked. I have nothing bad to say about anyone. I have no "shocking" stories left. I know that my writing may still irritate certain people, but I really have no idea why. I guess people who thrive on drama will always look for drama.

I am so incredibly content right now....life is just good. We just had the wedding of the century! I swear I could not have imagined that day, or entire weekend any better. We were surrounded by friends and family, and you could just feel the love. The cocktail hour, the ceremony, the dinner, the music, the cake, the dress....it was all perfect... AND... I got to marry the guy who calls me princess, tells me I'm beautiful and makes me laugh EVERY SINGLE DAY..... and what's even better, is knowing that that will never stop.  Despite everything I've been through, I still believe in love. I still believe in romance, and I still believe that true love doesn't fade.

Besides marrying my best friend, the best part of our wedding was being able to see friends and family that we haven't seen in ages. I am so blessed to have such amazing friends. I love every single one of you who were able to come and be a part of our special day....and the icing on the cake? I have a new sister. Shanon's sister, Sheri, brought her family. It was the first time we met. I love her already, and as an added bonus...she has the most adorable kids. My new nieces and nephew, Christopher, Abigail and Lillian. How exciting is that? I cannot wait to make a trip to South Bend and spend some quality Aunt/Niece time together....I've already promised pedicures! (I've also promised Christopher, who showed up in a Notre Dame jersey, that he was going to be getting some ORANGE in his wardrobe!)

I've had a whirlwind couple of years..... a lot has happened...some good, some bad, some horrible, some great.... but the truth is, I'm settled in to my new normal. I'm settled into my new life and my new marriage. I'm just at peace....finally. Will things always be even keel? Never! But right now, I'm taking time to enjoy life....do some much needed things for myself, and plan the next chapter.... master's degree? Buying a house? Yep.... all in due time. Right now I'm just an at home mom, enjoying her kids this summer.....

P.S. I'm trying to include our slideshow from the cocktail hour in this blog....please enjoy (cross you fingers that I can get this to work) ;)

http://youtu.be/_JTbTddbCFI


Life's short. Buy the shoes ;)




<---  actual wedding shoes :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment