Wednesday, February 1, 2012

today is my day.....

Home again today....love it! Miss being home so much! Of course, after a couple of weeks, I'm sure I'd miss being in the classroom...... maybe. I think half days would be perfect for me....with full time pay, of course.

I have a few chores to do today, then I'll run, then Maddie and I are spending the afternoon together. Yay! Then it will be time to pick up the boys, do homework, dinner, driver's ed, and off to bed..... seems like this week is flying by. I'll be back to work on Monday. I'm covering maternity leave for a second grade teacher, who's class is directly across the hall from my fifth grade class. This should be a fun assignment. The kids seem so little. I love that age. This assignment will take me almost all the way to the end of the year. Once the classroom teacher gets back, it's no more work for Tracy till Fall. The classroom teacher is coming back for the last week or two of the school year, and I'm taking off for full speed ahead wedding mode. I'm sure the last week or so before the wedding will be crazy.

I promised, in this blog, to talk about my engagement and wedding plans, and haven't really done that yet. There always seems to be something more pressing to cover. But today is February. The wedding is in May. There are soooooo many things to do. We have a list, it seems, ten feet long. We sort of piddled around last fall..... booking the venue, choosing the menu, buying the dress..... but since New Year's we have kicked it into high gear. Planning every weekend. Buying glass for the candy station, ordering invitations, booking the musicians, ordering dresses and tuxes.... the last time we were in the bridal shop, I found a headband that I could not live without. It's the fanciest, most expensive headband I've ever seen...but it screamed "Bride" and I totally needed it!


All of this planning is super exciting! My mom and sister seem equally excited.....my mom seems like she's going to pee a little every time we get to go shopping for the wedding. I am so blessed to have her by my side for all of this. As a bride, I cannot imagine doing all of this without my mom.

One thing that I have realized through all of this wedding planning, is that this is my day. (Mine and Shanon's.... but you know) ;)  I'm doing exactly what I want to do. I don't have to worry about what anyone will say, or think. All I'm thinking about is how I want that day to be. Our wedding day means so much to me. It's a day that one chapter closes, and a new one begins. It's our do over. It's our, "if only we had...." It's not just one day, but at the end of that day, I'm married to my best friend.

After all I've been through, I never thought I'd be married again.  I never thought I'd trust again. I never thought that someone who loved me so long ago, would still feel that love for me so many years later, through so many twists and turns in our lives. After all we've been through to get here, that day will be a celebration of love, chance, fate and faith.....


I wish that everyone who I love and hold dear to my heart could be at the wedding. Shanon and I have decided to have an intimate wedding. Only inviting those we love, and who love us. No random people from work. No friends of friends. No parents' bosses (because we have to.) Just people who know us, know our story, and love us. We are inviting those of you who will share your love with us on our special day.  It will be small, but very special. There is no room for skepticism or disdain. There won't be a table for anyone who feels "obligated" to come. There will be no table for meanness or haters. There's not room for ill will or disrespect. This is a celebration of love. The room will be filled with love and happiness. Joy and peace. That's all. We want to start our lives together, the way we will live.... surrounded by love.

Maybe a few people, who I love more than words can express, will come around and want to support me and show their love for me on my special day (just like I have always done for them)... and maybe not. Either way, I'm going to be ok, because this is my day. It's not about anyone else. Just me, and the man I love... ready or not, Mr. Patterson.... ;)



Life's short. Buy the shoes ;)

1 comment:

  1. As a second time wifey myself, I have got to say the 2nd wedding blew the 1st one out of the water. I was surrounded by loving folks, and even though I was looking at the door every 5 seconds to make sure "annoyances" hadn't popped in the door, it was the most wonderful day of my love life.
    You are going to have a BLAST.

    ReplyDelete