Wednesday, January 4, 2012

didn't take long....

Well.... it certainly didn't take long to irritate people. I am sorry about that. At some point people have to take responsibility for their own reactions to things.  At some point, blaming others for problems that you need to work through, won't work for you anymore. I'm not just talking about my kids' pissiness. I'm talking about grown people who believe that I'm writing things for their benefit. Contrary to popular belief, I don't sit here and think, "Let's see.... how can I irritate people today."  I'm writing to get things out of my head.... I'm writing because I like the encouragement, and feedback I get. I realize I have to take the good with the bad. It's like anything in life. With the good, comes the bad.... take it with the grain of salt. My 7th grade teacher said it best, you have to be true to yourself. She's right. I have to be true to myself.


Talking about Mrs. Filicsky, makes me want to tell you about my teaching job(s). I am really enjoying teaching this year. I'm currently at Southside school, and I love it!  I have been covering a maternity leave for a 5th grade teacher since the beginning of October.  These kids have become "my kids". I love them, and I'm already sad about leaving them at the end of January. Luckily, I have stumbled into another maternity leave position which starts the week after this assignment ends. It's for a second grade teacher, who is right across the hall from my 5th graders. It will last through the first week of  May, which brings me to the wedding, and I will need a week or so off, to prepare for that, I'm sure!

Mrs. Filicsky was always my favorite teacher. I have a soft spot for her, and Mrs. Graham, my kindergarten teacher. They both had the biggest impact on me. I find myself borrowing pages from Mrs. Filicsky's playbook, at times. I remember that she let me give the class the spelling tests (sometimes she let JaFaye Lillard, but mostly it was me.)  ;)  She knew I would ace the test.... I always did, I was on the spelling team, spelling words like onomatopoeia, so words like "preposition" posed no challenge for me.  She not only let me give the test, sometimes she left the room and let me be in charge. :) Any guesses on why I wanted to be a teacher? I was very lucky to have caring, nurturing teachers, as a child, and I want nothing more than to pass that along to the kids I teach.  I truly love kids, and I find their innocence refreshing. I know that there are things I could do, that would allow me to make more money, but there's nothing I could do that would be as fulfilling. So hats off to great teachers.... your work will never be forgotten....


I promised to write about being engaged.... I would like to set aside time to really write about being engaged, for the first time, really. Wedding planning, again, for really, the first time. How I talked him into a pink ring.... haha.... you know, all the fun stuff....  I will write it. It seems like I don't have a whole lot of control over what comes out....it's just whatever is on my mind, and today, my 5th graders must be on my mind. However, I will include a link to our wedding website. Feel free to browse around. Message me if you want a password for the guestbook page. Sadly, we had to add a password because we got hacked. :(    http://tracy-shanon.ourwedding.com/  


I'm also thinking about my kid in the Philippines..... I know he's doing ok. He's tweeting up a storm, and including pics. I love the updates! Unfortunately, he's of legal drinking age over there.... great. Oh well.... what's college without a blackout or two?  He seems intrigued by the culture, and keeps saying how much he appreciates everything back home a lot more after seeing how they live over there. It's probably really good for him. Safe travels, baby. I love you.


I don't know when I'll have time to blog again. I'm back at school tomorrow, but I will try to carve out a little time each week, for updating the blog. I have missed all of you and I have missed the time with myself.... thinking, writing, healing, growing....


Life's short. Buy the shoes ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment