Friday, March 9, 2012

time flies....

I'm off and it's a gorgeous Spring day! Yay!  I plan to clean, run, blog, and enjoy my day.  Yes, I actually enjoy cleaning my house. I had a day off yesterday, as well. I took the little boys to school, took Christian to breakfast, had my first wedding dress fitting (!) and took Stret's class on a filed trip. It made me remember the days of being an at home mom. Although I'm proud of myself for working outside of the home, I do miss being able to stay home and take care of my kiddos. (Although, when they're in school, there's only so much you can clean and organize.)

I got to go try on my wedding dress. It's SO beautiful.... when she pinned it, I could actually see what it was going to look like when it really fit, and I had a moment.... I've never seen myself in a wedding gown before. I wished my mom could have been there, I wished my girls could have been there, I wishes my sister could have been there. It was one of those moments when you look at yourself, and there are too many emotions to describe....even for me...

I felt beautiful, I felt loved, I felt hopeful for the future. I looked in the mirror and realized that I'm going to be someone's wife again. (I joke that I'm currently "between husbands".)  I truly have never seen a more beautiful dress.... I know I'm biased, but it's perfect, and I can't wait to wear it.... I may never take it off....


Everything is just falling into place. I'm not feeling any stress, I'm just excited and happy. My mom is having such  great time with all of this wedding planning, I have no idea what we're going to do with her after this wedding is over....I think she may fall into a deep depression.... just kidding.....but really....we'll have to find something else to plan...ha!  My bridal shower is coming up, and I am so excited. I feel bad "asking" for gifts. I really don't need anything, I just want to see everyone and it's a really good excuse for a girly get together!

I am probably the least stressed bride ever.... I am enjoying every minute of this. I want to savor it, because  this is it. My one and only REAL wedding, that I'm planning. I have an awesome planner over at the hotel, who is also getting married. I love this girl, and she's making everything so easy. She understands my vision....and being a bride to be, herself, she wants everything perfect, just like I do.

Everything is kind of sailing right now with the kids. Everyone seems happy right now.  My little boys are doing so well at school, and Stret's such a good athlete, and a great kid! What a joy to have. Who says teenagers are difficult? In his true fifth child fashion, he can really roll with the punches.... I couldn't be more blessed.  Elijah is such a joy, as well, and I can't believe that we are talking about planning his sixth birthday party.... when the heck did he get so big??? He's the baby!


Time goes on, kids grow, things change...there are very few constants in life. It's hard to believe that some of my kids are all grown up. I can't believe that my baby is turning SIX.... but most of all I can't believe I'm getting MARRIED!!! Sometimes life takes some amazing twists and turns that you could never have ever imagined in a bazillion years....if you would have told me ten years ago, that this would be my life today, I would have said you were crazy.... but now, today, after so many ups and downs....here we are.... and I can't wait to see what's next.


Life's short. Buy the shoes ;)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment